VConnect v1.0 Update 3 adds following features and improvements
- VConnect IP Address Pool Management
- Virtual Machine Backups for both VMWare and System Center
- Polished User Experience for setting up VConnect
- Auto discover datacenters and clusters on vCenter
- Validate and warn administrators on potentially incorrect configurations
- Step by step guided Wizard for creating VConnect Templates
VConnect VM Templates support customizing the VM startup configuration. Administrator user can determine if the VM should join a specified domain and can also provide the values needed to join a domain.
VConnect is a custom extension for Windows Azure Pack to allow management and provisioning of VMs hosted on VMWare. VConnect helps integrate VMWare hosts and Virtual Machines with Windows Azure Pack. Provides admin and tenant management functionalities for VMWare resources through Windows Azure Pack (WAP) service management portal.
What are the motivations for choosing one type of cloud vs the other ? We will explore and provide pointers to help you get started on the journey of choosing and implementing the right cloud architecture for your business. This article series is more of an exploration and discussion around this area. For your specific scenarios and needs, to find a recommended architecture, we need to analyze and research the right model. We love to hear your thoughts and specific scenarios that we may have not covered, please use the comments section to talk about it, see you there.
Details about Azure Connect beta updates to the install binaries.