Microsoft Azure Stack Hub is a hybrid cloud platform for delivering infrastructure and platform as a service with a consistent Azure experience on-premises and in the public cloud. Azure Stack Hub has separate UI portals for Admins and Tenants.
Dell EMC NetWorker is considered legacy and does not support data protection for Azure Stack Hub IaaS VMs and Blobs, even though marketplace images exist for Azure public cloud.
Data Protection Extension for Dell EMC NetWorker (aka Dell EMC NetWorker Extension) enables backup and restore of Azure Stack Hub workloads with Data Domain as the backup target device. Agentless backup and restore for Azure Stack Hub VMs and Blobs are achieved using NetWorker Module for Databases and Applications (NMDA) Orchestrated Application Protection (OAP) feature.
Dell EMC Data Protection for Microsoft Azure Stack Hub (aka Dell EMC Data Protection) is customized version of Cloud Assert's VConnect resource provider which offers Backup Services for Azure Stack Hub by integrating with Dell EMC NetWorker Extension. Dell EMC Data Protection enhances the existing “single-pane of glass” user experience for Azure Stack Hub users consuming Dell EMC NetWorker and Dell EMC Data Domain to enable Backup integration services.
Benefits and Advantages
- Integrated experience within Azure Stack Hub portal for Admin and Tenant users
- Self-service portal experience for Tenant users eases the workload on Admins to manage data protection
- Enables users to provision, manage and protect their Azure Stack Hub resources
- Tenant users are abstracted from underlying NetWorker and Data Domain infrastructure
- Tenants can allow Operators to protect workloads on their behalf
- Leverage Role-based access control provided by Azure Stack Hub
- Secure Multi-tenancy for protecting Tenant workloads
- Scalable to large environments by deploying multiple NetWorker Client Proxies
- Enables DR via NetWorker Cloning support.