Cloud Assert Usage and Billing pulls and aggregates data from Windows Azure Pack and System Center Usage data pipeline frequently in order to provide up-to-date metered resource / consumption based usage to end users.
This underlying usage pipeline has many moving parts and more often users are left with no usage data shown for System Center Virtual Machines. This post provides steps and tricks to troubleshoot and fix various components in the Windows Azure Pack, System Center and Operations Manager.
Latest VConnect 1.5 includes bug fixes and improvements for robust VM Deployment flow and visiblity for admins into provisioning steps for Virtual Machines.
VConnect v1.0 Update 3 adds following features and improvements
- VConnect IP Address Pool Management
- Virtual Machine Backups for both VMWare and System Center
- Polished User Experience for setting up VConnect
- Auto discover datacenters and clusters on vCenter
- Validate and warn administrators on potentially incorrect configurations
- Step by step guided Wizard for creating VConnect Templates
VConnect VM Templates support customizing the VM startup configuration. Administrator user can determine if the VM should join a specified domain and can also provide the values needed to join a domain.
VConnect is a custom extension for Windows Azure Pack to allow management and provisioning of VMs hosted on VMWare. VConnect helps integrate VMWare hosts and Virtual Machines with Windows Azure Pack. Provides admin and tenant management functionalities for VMWare resources through Windows Azure Pack (WAP) service management portal.