In the ever-evolving world of cloud computing, efficiently managing and deploying resources across a
Hybrid infrastructure is crucial. Azure Stack HCI, a hyper-converged
infrastructure cluster solution, is at the forefront of this evolution.
Pair it with Cloud Assert Hybr®, a powerful Hybrid cloud management,
automation, and integration platform, and you have a winning combination
that enables multi-tenancy, offering an exceptional cloud experience for
both enterprises and service providers.
What is Azure Stack HCI?
Azure Stack HCI is not just another hyperconverged infrastructure cluster solution; it is a game-changer. It empowers you to host virtualized Windows and Linux workloads, complete with storage, in a Hybrid environment. But it does not stop there. This powerful solution brings Azure's cloud capabilities right to your datacenter's doorstep, offering unparalleled flexibility and efficiency.
What is Hybr®?
Cloud Assert Hybr® is the Hybrid cloud management, automation, and integration platform that puts the control in your hands. Imagine having a multi-tenant portal that enables you to provision and manage IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) workloads across VMware vCenter, System Center / Hyper-V, Azure Stack HCI, Azure Stack Hub, Azure, and beyond—all from a single, intuitive interface.
Hybr® offers seamless integrations with Microsoft CSP (Cloud Solution Provider), Public Cloud, and Data Center Platforms, providing a robust management, automation, and reseller billing experience.
Multi-Tenancy with Hybr® for Azure Stack HCI
One of the notable aspects of Azure Stack HCI is its multi-tenancy capabilities when combined with Cloud Assert Hybr®. Here is how you can achieve multi-tenancy effectively:
- Control through Quotas, Plans, and Offers Just like the public cloud Azure, Cloud Assert Hybr® lets you create plans and offers with a set of services for your customers to consume. Using Quotas, Plans, and Offers, you can control what your customers can provision and the operations they can perform.
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)Software-defined networking (SDN) features come to the rescue for sharing a single-node HCI infrastructure among multiple customers. Enabling SDN on your Azure Stack HCI infrastructure allows customers to create their virtual networks, effectively isolating their traffic within the same shared infrastructure. This way, even if multiple customers share a cluster, resource isolation remains upheld through the power of virtual networks.
- Hybr® Multi-Tenancy Identity Integration Cloud Assert Hybr® takes multi-tenancy to the next level by offering seamless identity integration. With Hybr®, tenant users can sign in from one or more organizations using their own Azure AD (Active Directory) or AD FS credentials. This integration ensures robust authentication and authorization, making it easier for tenants to access and manage their resources securely within the Azure Stack HCI environment.
Tailoring Experiences for Enterprises and Service Providers:
Whether you are an enterprise or a service provider, Cloud Assert Hybr® offers flexibility to meet your unique needs:
- Enterprise Perspective: For enterprises, different business units or internal departments often require the capability to independently provision their workloads, ensuring that these workloads remain isolated from those of other departments or business units. This isolation is essential because it prevents them from utilizing shared infrastructure resources. Cloud Assert Hybr® can map each of these as separate tenants, offering each department a unique experience tailored to their consumption and extent of use.
- Service Provider Perspective: If you are a service provider offering HCI as a service, you can dedicate HCI clusters to individual customers. Each customer can bring their own license for the guest Operating System, ensuring compliance and cost-efficiency. Alternatively, if you manage HCI infrastructures owned by customers, Cloud Assert Hybr® allows you to centrally manage multiple HCI clusters, ensuring efficient resource allocation and isolation through SDN capabilities.
Leveraging Multi-Cloud Features:
Cloud Assert Hybr® offers a range of multi-cloud features for Azure Stack HCI:
- Resource Provisioning and Management: Effortlessly create and manage virtual machine instances with enriched policy management and metering and billing features.
- Virtual Networks and Management: Create, configure, and manage virtual networks to establish an isolated, highly secured environment for your applications.
- Governance and Policy Management: Seamlessly integrate existing datacenters, private, and public cloud environments with automated policy management, soft budgeting, auditing, and utilization tracking.
- Usage Metering and Backups: Implement flexible cloud pricing models (fixed payment, pay-as-you-go, and Hybrid) and enable showback or chargeback for your customers.
AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) on Azure Stack HCI:
The same isolation principles applied through SDN features for VMs (virtual machines) in Azure Stack HCI extended to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) within Cloud Assert Hybr®. This ensures that AKS clusters used in a multi-tenanted fashion within the same HCI cluster, shared across multiple customers.
Multi-Tenancy Made Easy:
In conclusion, Cloud Assert Hybr® enables multi-tenancy with ease:
- Support for various identity providers, including Azure AD, Enterprise ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services), and custom identities.
- Granular control over plans and offers for each end user, enabling efficient chargeback mechanisms.
- Robust SDN capabilities to isolate customer workloads within the same shared HCI cluster. Discover the power of multi-tenancy and self-service provisioning with Azure Stack HCI by leveraging Cloud Assert Hybr®.
- It acts as your one-stop-solution for managing investments across datacenter platforms, private and public cloud environments.
Are you ready to unlock the full potential of Azure Stack HCI with Cloud Assert Hybr®? Discover how you can enhance flexibility, control, and scalability for your organization or customers.