Author: Arun Krishnan/Monday, September 24, 2018/Categories: General, Windows Azure Pack, VConnect
As an administrator you want to make it easier for the tenants workloads to be provisioned with appropriate networks and pre-defined configurations based on, say the workload type, like Dev vs Test vs Production. All the tenant needs to say is, for example: I like to provision a Test VM or a Dev VM.
VConnect Features Involved:
- VConnect offers various customization and extensible mechanisms that enables fine grained control for provisioning. Here we will use
- VM Templates Custom Parameters Feature (which allows an admin to define any parameter to get as an input from the tenant)
- Operation Templates Custom Steps (which allows an admin to add or modify the default configurations, as well as ability to inject any scripts and REST calls)
How its done?:
Here are the steps involved in customizing the NICs Settings for the VM based on a user-defined parameter:
1. From the admin portal-->Connections-->Select a Connection-->VM Templates-->Select and Edit a VM Template --> Create a Parameter --> Parameter Type: 'Select Box', Name: 'VMType'
2. Add options to this parameter by clicking on the Edit Options button. Options: '1=DevVM, 2=TestNM'. These values will be selectable by the tenant user and available for all the provisioning steps and scripts, so you can use these values to customize the provisioning configuration in your scripts in the next steps.
3. Edit the 'VCenterStandAloneVMCreateTemplate.json' file in the VConnect install directory (such as 'C:\inetpub\MgmtSvc-CloudAssert-VConnect\bin\Templates'). Add a new step 'VMScriptOp' for the customization of the NICs Settings after the step 'GetNetworkSettingsOp', with below details:
4. In the called script 'AfterNetworkSettingScript.ps1', include the logic for updating the NICs Settings based on the parameter $VMType (remember the value for this parameter is automatically injected by VConnect, based on the value selected by the tenant user in the tenant portal)
After all the above changes are saved, you can proceed to test your work from the tenant portal.
5. in the tenant portal while creating a virtual machine choose the appropriate option for VMType parameter. Tenant Portal-->Create New VM-->Select the VM Type.
6. Once the VM is provisioned you can validate that the new VM is created with the appropriate network and settings as you have customized via custom script 'AfterNetworkSettingScript.ps1'.
Examples of such customized VM configurations:
Option1: Configuring Single Network Adapter
Option2: Configuring 2 Network Adapters
Number of views (4112)/Comments (15)
10/13/2018 11:34 PM
Play the most amazing puzzle game here this is the base on the word so connect free word unscrambler very nice option to all players online so thanks for the share it.
10/15/2018 2:59 AM
This actually IS the answer. But it turns out academics don't want to manually grade essays much anymore. So expect it not to be proposed as an answer.
10/24/2018 7:37 AM
Play free online yahtzee here and make your time fun, there is no need to download it and register, game lovers can run it on your PC and phone and click here http://theyahtzee.com This is a dice game Type of
11/13/2018 12:58 PM
the eligible customers can access the given survey portal to express their honest opinion about their products and services
1/12/2019 1:55 AM
Thank you so much! This is what I need to find.
1/16/2019 1:58 AM
These virtual machines can be a good sign of output in any manner of productivity.
1/18/2019 8:02 AM
2/11/2019 10:35 AM
Thank you for your reaction! We irritated to add local storage to the Six hosts, then to no avail. We taxed your explanation with Hyper-V servers in its place and it worked like a charm. Thank you!
2/12/2019 6:51 AM
Thanks for such useful article! As for my project http://www.disenopersuasivo.com/. It provides perfect design for your site! Visit it and get more info about prices and variants of design.
2/12/2019 6:53 AM
4/8/2019 4:41 AM
Beautiful post which are related to my project and that will helpful for my latest work.. thanks
4/18/2019 4:18 AM
I just started to learn JS and objects like those, by the way it's pretty interesting but I have no time for doing my homework, in that case online annotated bibliography maker save my life.
5/7/2019 11:44 PM
Awesome work you are doing here and i love it.. thanks
5/27/2019 5:11 AM
12/16/2020 3:45 AM
Hello! I decided to share a little source. If you have difficulties with essay writing, you have to rely on https://exclusive-paper.net/write-my-speech.php. Personally, I always use this service. I forgot about writing with professional writers. It is very convenient. The papers are top-notch.