2018 has been an exciting and successful year for Cloud Assert, and what a way to celebrate our 5th Anniversary in January, 2019. We have doubled our customers, tripled our team size, released number of updates across our product portfolios and so on ...
We got this far only because of some of the great people like you all and the teamwork that made us drive for results and customer success. It has been a fantastic journey so far, and we are happy to serve you in the coming years with a bond of love and trust.
We have delivered some awesome features through last year enabling Hybrid Cloud scenarios, starting from integrations with top Cloud and Virtualization platforms, Backup service, to taking care of some basics like Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Consistent experience, Bulk Provisioning and Customer Signup and approval workflows. All with full self-service and extensible automation support, which reduces IT support and management cost, making the ROI very attractive.
Here's a rundown of the latest features that we have worked in 2018:
HYBR (Cloud Assert Homegrown Product - An Alternative platform for Windows Azure pack):
New Integrations: Tenants can provision and manage across all platforms using a single-pane of glass experience.
- Azure Public Cloud
Amazon Web Services
Bulk-provisioning of VMs: VMs can be provisioned in bulk using Resource Template of different types and deployment specs.
Group Resources and Access Control: Use Resource Groups to manage VMs as groups, and provide fine grain Access Control
Tenant Administrators can use Resource Group Access Control to enable fine grain access (e.g., Owner, Contributor, Reader).
Custom Commands: Custom commands to Add Disk, Expand Disk and Delete Disk are available out-of-the-box.
Inline support for backing up VMs from the VM management UI using Commvault
View tenant created backups in the connection level
Backup extension - to view subscription-based schedules and respective restore points
- VM Management and Deployment Improvements:
- Virtual Machines can be deployed automatically
- CPU core size/ RAM can be increased for the VMs
- Take Snapshots for the VMs
- Schedule based power operations such as reboot, power on/ off, etc., can be performed for the VMs.
- Systematic Invoices can be generated for each subscription at the end of the billing cycle.
- Pricing profile can be configured by the admin to set price for each resource and its meters specified by the resource provider.
- Admin can set different prices for the same metered resource based on the property (E.g. VMs, SQL DBs, etc.) or volume of raw usage units.
- Self-Service CSP Portal Experience: End customer/ Tenant can create customer profiles, purchase CSP licenses, create and assign licenses right within the HYBR portal without the intervention of the service administrator.
Supported for Mapping Cloud Services to both new and existing tenants.
- Service Catalog: Admin can create a catalog of offers which can be displayed and availed by the Tenants.
- Request Management: Enabled Request Management in the context of workload provisioning along with workflows and Tier level approval processes.