VConnect is a custom extension for Windows Azure Pack to allow management and provisioning of VMs hosted on VMWare. VConnect helps integrate VMWare hosts and Virtual Machines with Windows Azure Pack. Provides admin and tenant management functionalities for VMWare resources through Windows Azure Pack (WAP) service management portal.
With update 3, Cloud Assert VConnect beta for Windows Azure Pack features include:
- Add VMWare hosts to the pool (with option to selectively allow hosts for VM provisioning to subscribers)
- Manage CPU and Memory quota for subscribers
- View the list of VMWare VMs created by all subscribers
- View the list of VMWare Data Stores available to all connected Hosts
- Create VMWare VMs, (limited by quota set by Admin)
- VMWare host user creation specific for each user subscription
- View the list of VMs created by the subscriber
- For advanced operations, provides credentials required for connecting using VSphere Client
- Power management operations (ON, OFF, Suspend, Reset) on the VMs
- Real time screenshot of VM Console (Updated every 5 seconds)
Checkout the attached gallery for screenshots of the extension.