Here are list of preperations that can really help you when you attend CLOUD ASSERT interviews.
1. Ensure you understand and can explain basic computer and software terms. Example questions:
- What is RAM ?
- How is RAM size usually mentioned ?
- Why do you need Hard Disk in a computer ?
- What is a compiler ?
2. Have good understanding and ablity to articulate basic programming constructs. Examples:
- What is structured programming ? How is it different from Object Oriented programming?
- Explain various Object Oriented programming constructs like Inheritance, Polymorphism etc.
- Have experience writing such programs that leverages OOPS concepts appropriately.
3. Brush up and practice on your Problem solving skills. Be able to solve simple problems and write algorithms to solve them programatically. Examples:
- Find if a number is odd or even
4. For senior levels: Be ready to take upon complex problems and come up with design, architecture and high level modules. You may need to implement few implementations as well. Examples:
- Design a ATM solution
- Design a Shopping Cart
5. Ready upon what you said as you know. Examples:
- If you said you are an expert in .Net and SQL, then be ready to get answer questions related to that area. Like how do you do multi-threading in C#?
We like resumes with less jargons, states only things that you have really worked on, add the projects that you have really worked on and that is appropriate for the position you are applying, not necessary to add all the projects that you have ever done.
Above all take time to Prepare, Prepare and Prepare before your interview. Here are some reading materials:
- Book: Programming Interviews Exposed
- Book: Algorithms in C++